Friday, August 16, 2013

Pressure Suit Ready for Testing at Copenhagen Suborbitals

A relentless week of hammering our final problems with the pressure suit resulted in a good checkout and pressurization last night, wrapping up around midnight. John and I walked Washoe Magruder home - she has helped enormously - then on our way back talked over the final issues. It's time to go, tomorrow morning! The checklist items now number about 182 and are streamlined to put me--and in Copenhagen, Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson--into the suit, pressurize and test in the capsule seat and so on (blog update at WIRED). I will be happy to sleep on a plane to Denver, first, where I'll do an address for the Mars Society, then on a long, long flight and more sleep to Copenhagen to rebuild the system and start tests.

Photo shows me in the suit, all systems working; gases, communications, valves and the supply cabinet. I wish Angela were here to see how far the project has come since 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forwards to seeing you here.

Regards
Jev
Copenhagen Suborbitals