Sunday, January 13, 2013

Nearing Prototype Completion

All systems are working; electrical, gas, cooling. The suit holds appropriate pressure at a reasonable leak rate. Last night I realized that this means the essential prototype is complete. Todat I am just tightening up a few fittings and using zipties to arrange the hoses. I've moved the electrical panel closer in, so in the next pressurization I'll do a dexterity test to see whether I have it where I want it. With the cockpit and its systems established, I'll move back to the suit for a while: it needs a protective coverall, sooner rather than later, as using it through many tests is already wearing on some of the textiles. All systems GO for a full, 2-hour test next weekend, complete with the computer simulator running (a few programming issues to wrap up there).

No comments: